http://www.taupolanguage.co.nz/ ~ established in 1991
NZQA Category 1 rated allows students who enrol for 14+ weeks to work part-time while they study.
Full Time or Part Time English, Exam English, Pre-Secondary and English PLUS Activities courses
Taupo Language offers an extensive range of English language courses for all abilities, from beginner to exam English. Along with Part-Time and Full-Time programmes we provide a number of specialty courses, including those aimed at IELTS or Cambridge examination preparation, Pre-Secondary and English plus activities programmes. We are a TOEIC testing centre.
Our teachers are highly qualified and have many years of teaching ESL experience. The classes are small with a maximum of 10 students per class (average of 7) which enables more teacher time. All students sit a placement test on their first day to ensure that they are in a class with others of similar ability.
Weekly tests and written homework are to be expected.
Our 150 home stay families are only "English first language" speakers, which helps with pronunciation, local culture awareness and area knowledge.
General English morning class is from 9:00 - 12:15, Monday to Friday. Afternoon class is from 13:15 - 15:25, Monday to Friday. The school is closed on NZ public holidays.
See our Student Handbook for 2015.
10 reasons to choose Taupo Language
1. Small classes with an average of 7 students in a class and a maximum of 10, you do get A LOT of teacher time.
2. Experienced and highly qualified teachers. Our teachers on average have 12.5 years' ESL experience, with examiners for Cambridge, IELTS, and TOEIC on our staff. Classroom atmosphere is lively with interesting topics.
3. Full immersion in an English only environment. Only ENGLISH is spoken in the streets of Taupo, so you HAVE to practise your English 24/7. This makes the time spent studying shorter and less expensive.
4. 20+ nationality mix. Taupo Language students come from more than 25 different countries, so you will make friends from all over the world!
5. A family-like school. Taupo Language is a smaller school (capacity of 80 students), with a family like atmosphere, where everyone knows everyone.
6. An inexpensive destination. Most of the long term students enrol because they prefer to spend the longest part of their study in a less expensive destination.
7. Established in 1991. Taupo Language was established in 1991, and has more than 20 years' experience in helping students achieve their personal goals.
8. Great Facilities. Taupo Language is a modern building in a central location. It has a large garden, free wireless internet, computer suite, parking, free tea and coffee and comfortable classrooms.
9. Adventure Opportunities. We offer 40+ adventure activities, bungy, tandem sky dive, skiing, rafting, hiking, golf, rugby etc. Long-term students are encouraged to join Taupo sports teams while studying, e.g. rugby, hockey, basketball, mountain biking, motor-cross, golf, ski racing, sailing etc.
10. Welcoming and comfortable accommodation options. You can stay with one of our friendly homestay families, where there is further opportunity to practise your English. Alternatively, Taupo Language can assist you in finding your own rental apartment or house.
Taupo Language is a member of English New Zealand (incorporating FIELSNZ).
Contact Taupo Language
To enrol in our school or simply find out more information on what Taupo Language and the Taupo region has to offer, contact us using the details below, or send an enrolment / information request form
Thousands of people have gone through our courses and we have a long trail of happy English speaking people. So come on and join us in the great outdoor adventure wonderland - Lake Taupo, New Zealand.
|Postal Address||Taupo Language
PO Box 1234
|Street Address||111 Tuwharetoa St